The Stacks

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Stacks

Post  Anorak on Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:21 pm

This game is unbearably difficult. I've tried numerous ways to beat it, but have had no success. Once you get far enough that you almost have all of the "pieces" of the QR code, the game is going so fast that it's almost impossible for you to beat! I've racked up over 4000 points, but if you don't have all the pieces of the code it's pointless. I've tried to do level A first and work my way to level B, then C, but it still seems impossible. Any suggestions? If I come across any I will let you know. But, for now, this game is IMPOSSIBLE to beat.
Anorak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Cheat to win

Post  Nolan Sorento/IOI-655321 on Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:28 pm

Maybe there's a way to slow down the emulator? Just saying...

Sorento

Anorak wrote:This game is unbearably difficult. I've tried numerous ways to beat it, but have had no success. Once you get far enough that you almost have all of the "pieces" of the QR code, the game is going so fast that it's almost impossible for you to beat! I've racked up over 4000 points, but if you don't have all the pieces of the code it's pointless. I've tried to do level A first and work my way to level B, then C, but it still seems impossible. Any suggestions? If I come across any I will let you know. But, for now, this game is IMPOSSIBLE to beat.
Nolan Sorento/IOI-655321

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Stacks

Post  Daito on Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:50 pm

I actually enjoyed The Stacks and was able to clear it with the max score (6425, if I remember right) without losing a life. It's really all about timing and learning the patterns of the various hazards/enemies. The best tip I can give you is to be cautious when going through doors, make note of "safe areas" and don't be afraid to quickly back out of a screen if it looks like you've stumbled into oncoming death.

Daito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raven575 on Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:23 pm

Make a map...get the pieces...go home...see the easter egg...then go home again with more than 2000 points.

Last edited by Raven575 on Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raven575

View user profile http://www.ravcodesign.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DealerForTheCIA on Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:03 am

Thanks for the tip about making a map Raven! It made it a lot easier to try out different theories.

It turns out you don't need 2000 points though. I got the code with something like 1125. It was my fourth or fifth play through (not counting the times I died) and I was getting impatient, so I did the bare minimum: collected the pieces along with a few items that happened to be along the way.

DealerForTheCIA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raven575 on Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:19 pm

DealerForTheCIA wrote:Thanks for the tip about making a map Raven! It made it a lot easier to try out different theories.

It turns out you don't need 2000 points though. I got the code with something like 1125. It was my fourth or fifth play through (not counting the times I died) and I was getting impatient, so I did the bare minimum: collected the pieces along with a few items that happened to be along the way.

No problem... and thanks for the correction. My friends and I are having gate parties on June 30th and July 30th to increase the odds of winning... and as an excuse to play a bunch of classic games.
Raven575

Back to top Go down

Post  Shoto on Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:07 am

I seem to have run into a predicament myself as well I have finished the game and have collected all the pieces but all i got was a message that popped up saying that i was a smart gunter and the end

What do I do? scratch

Shoto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shoto on Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:13 am

Shoto wrote:I seem to have run into a predicament myself as well I have finished the game and have collected all the pieces but all i got was a message that popped up saying that i was a smart gunter and the end

What do I do? scratch

Nevermind found it myself tongue

Shoto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DealerForTheCIA on Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:42 pm

Congratulations Shoto!

DealerForTheCIA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raven575 on Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:07 pm

Yeah...Grats.
Raven575

Back to top Go down

Post  stonefry on Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:42 pm

I have gotten all of the pieces and taken them to the hideout. I didn't have 2000 pts. so I went and got the 2000 and went back again. Still nothing. I am now stuck. Any hints?

stonefry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DealerForTheCIA on Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:59 pm

stonefry wrote:I have gotten all of the pieces and taken them to the hideout. I didn't have 2000 pts. so I went and got the 2000 and went back again. Still nothing. I am now stuck. Any hints?

If you're still working on it, you need to find the easter egg in the game once you've collected all the pieces. This easter egg is a lot like the first easter egg. Good hunting.

DealerForTheCIA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  gexgexgexgex on Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:36 pm

So I got the six parts, then went "home". Well I thought it was home, I tried all of the top level trailers just to be sure. Found nothing at home. Wow this game is driving me crazy.
Where is home? It can't be the trailer with the "?" because that is the hideout. I even reread the beginning of the book to be sure that his "home" should be on the top of the stack.
Maybe I was to late for the first gate. Maybe the "home" easter egg is disabled because it is already July.

gexgexgexgex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DealerForTheCIA on Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:41 pm

The hideout (room with the ?) is where you get the QR code, but before you can get it, you need to find the easter egg. The easter egg is not the six pieces. It's something else. It's a lot like the first easter egg there ever was. Once you find it, then go back to your hideout and get the QR code. Make sense?

Hope that helps. Can't really think of anything else to say hint-wise that doesn't completely spell out the answer. Sorry.

DealerForTheCIA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  gexgexgexgex on Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:00 pm

Thanks a bunch, another trip back to the stacks for me then.

gexgexgexgex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DealerForTheCIA on Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:05 pm

Honestly, the best advice I got was Raven's suggestion to make a map. Once I did that I could collect the six pieces pretty quickly and try out different theories without having to visit every room.

DealerForTheCIA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

How do I scan the code?

Post  Gygax_Geek on Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:00 pm

Thanks for all the great tips here! The Map was key.

So I made it through the first gate, got the code. Now, how do I scan the code?

Thanks!

Gygax_Geek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DealerForTheCIA on Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:17 pm

You would need to use a smart phone or tablet device with a QR scanner app. If you don't have one, there are some sites that should be able to do it for you.

DealerForTheCIA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Thanks again!

Post  Gygax_Geek on Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:03 am

Got a hold of a scanner. Thanks!

Gygax_Geek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Catizival on Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:55 am

oh now you tell me lol! I love this game! I guess it is back to playing it again and I will make myself a map so I don't get lost. I know I am starting a bit late on this hunt and probably don't have much of a chance of winning, but I decided to play anyways! cat

Catizival

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top